GPL Draft just around the corner. FanDuel CFO says poker is not a game of skill. Season 14 of the WPT debuts at the end of the month on FOX Sports. And more.
GPL Draft approaching fast
The Global Poker League draft is just a few weeks away, and word through the grapevine is there may be a lot more players opting in to the draft than many people suspect. We already know a few players who have opted to make themselves available for the GPL draft because of the Twitter posts: Xuan Liu, Mustapha Kanit, Mike Leah, and Fatima Moreia De Melo. and once the registration process closes on February 12 we’ll be privy to the whole list.
– According to FanDuel’s CFO Matt King, DFS is a game of skill and poker is not. King made this comment during an interview with FRONTLINE:
FRONTLINE: Well, it could be poker. Poker is a game of skill, right?
FanDuel CFO Matt King: No poker is not.
– Alex Weldon takes a look at the 2016 Player of the year races, examining who’s on top in the early stages, and the scoring changes some outlets have implemented for 2016.
– Season 14 of the World Poker Tour is set to premiere on the FOX Sports channel on February 28. Two things. First, the WPT has been around for 14 years, that’s simply astounding. Second, Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten have been calling the action for all 14 seasons.
– In the latest installment of the Forum Files we take a look at the three hottest stories on the interwebs… well, the poker interwebs anyway.
– Online poker may be stalled in California, but that doesn’t mean some of the potential stakeholders haven’t implemented contingency plans, namely, the launch of social casinos, which are proving to be quite successful for a number of California tribes.
– Based on where each issue stands in the legislature, Pennsylvania is closer to legalizing online gambling, and even sports betting, than daily fantasy sports according to Dustin Gouker.