The hour is nearly upon us, as the ambitious Global Poker League is set to debut on Tuesday.
Interestingly, there are still quite a few details we’re not privy to, including the identities of several wildcard selections (the Los Angeles Sunset, Hong Kong Stars, and Montreal Nationals have yet to announce their final roster spots) nor is the structure of the games and matches been conveyed to many people’s liking.
Despite its continued existence in the abstract, optimism for the GPL is high for league, as people get ready to tune in and see what it is all about on Tuesday… although healthy skepticism remains in some corners.
- In a column from Friday I examined what it meant to be a professional poker player, and what if any demands the job places on the player. The column stems from Joe McKeehen’s Twitter rant about WSOP start times, and a 2+2 post by Jamie Kersetetter.
- DraftKings and FanDuel will no longer offer contests on college games, marking a fundamental shift in the DFS industry, and a clear sign the two industry leaders have finally seen the writing on the wall, as they continue to come into compliance with (proposed) legislative and regulatory demands.
- The Senior Poker Tour is entering its third season, and its next event will see the tour return to the site of their first ever tournament, which took place back in January of 2014 at the Horseshoe Casino in Tunica.
- There is some sad news for online poker supporters this week, as the New York budget that was passed by the legislature did not include online poker. However, the PPA has stated that the measure still has a chance to pass as a standalone bill.
- With everything that is swirling around the company, Dustin Gouker takes a look at what’s next for PokerStars in New Jersey.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.