Poker’s biggest marketing failures in all their glory. Winning Poker Network’s $1 million guaranteed tournaments go under the microscope. Steve Wynn is having as much luck in Boston as he did in Atlantic City. And more.
Barry Carter, PokerStrategy.com’s editor lists his five biggest poker marketing disasters. There are certainly plenty of potential choices, but Carter does an excellent job of narrowing it down to just five. Spoiler Alert, even though he doesn’t rank them, the Epic Poker League is the hands down #1 failure of all-time. If you think otherwise you’re -EV.
The Winning Poker Network (one of the few remaining offshore online poker networks that still service the United States) recently announced they would be hosting several online poker tournaments with $1 million guarantees. While players still willing to play at these sites love the idea, people advocating for regulation see these promotions as troubling, and likely to muck up future efforts at legalization.
- Steve Wynn to Boston, “The chances of us leaving are zero,” as the battle between the city and the proposed casino in nearby Everett continues to excalate.
- Andrew Barber talks poker, economics, and ethics in Part 3 of a four part exclusive interview with Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon.
- Jason Somerville signs a two-year deal with Twitch as the website has started locking up its most popular poker personalities with contracts.
- Online Poker Report lays out what New Jersey’s online poker industry will look like if the current operators (consisting of Caesars and Borgata) join forces to form a singular network.
- And if you’re wondering why regulated online poker in the United States has been lackluster, US Poker has offered up three reasons that might explain it.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.