GPL wildcard picks continue to roll in, still over half to be announced. Esfandiari denies Jamie Gold first win since 2006 WSOP victory. Social casino news in the US. And more.
The poker world got a quick glimpse at what poker was like a decade ago last night, when familiar faces from the poker boom like Jamie Gold, Antonio Esfandiari and Ray Henson battled it out at the Bicycle Casino in Los Angeles in the World Series of Poker Circuit Series Main Event.
In the end it came down to Gold and Esfandiari (Henson finished 4th), and it was The Magician who prevailed over the 2006 WSOP Main Event champion. For Gold, the prize for his runner-up finish was the second biggest cash of his career, and just a shade less than the $12 million he pocketed for winning the 2006 Main Event… actually it was about $140k.
- Game Account Network (GAN) continues to make inroads in the US gaming market, as the company has apparently inked its 10th social casino deal with a US casino.
- Speaking of social casinos, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission wants to talk about Plainridge Park’s free-to-play social site, and see what if any regulation might be needed. Social casinos currently operate with no regulatory oversight, so the MGC’s decision to look into the matter could be a game changer.
- The reigning World Series of Poker Champion is apparently not much of a fan of 90% of the media, and blames the media and tournament reporters for the WSOP’s decision to move the start time of events up an hour this year.
- An op-ed at Poker Update is calling on poker players to adapt to the changing climate and accept the cards they’ve been dealt.
- Haley Hintze breaks down the case of Jeremy Johnson who was one of the people indicted on Black Friday back in 2011.
- Five of the Global Poker League’s 12 teams have made their wildcard selections, and thus far all five managers have (not surprisingly) picked themselves to be one of their two wildcard players. You can see who their other picks are here.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.