Hit and Run: Full Tilt’s Hearthstone Team; 888 Has a New Ad Campaign; DFS in New York Update
888’s new ad campaign. Full Tilt Poker to sponsor a Hearthstone eSports team. Where could online poker expansion happen in the United States next year. And more.
888 Poker launching new ad campaign
In an effort to try and attract “real” poker players, 888 Poker has launched a new ad campaign dubbed, “Live the Game.” The ads will begin airing in the UK today, with ads designed to appeal to “true” poker players according to 888 PR and Marketing Director Sivan Finn: “The idea behind the concept is that for true poker players, the dynamics of poker are reflected in everything they do – it’s how they view the world.”
888 Poker has been doing very well over the past two years, and is now the #2 online poker site behind only PokerStars. The new ad campaign may be designed to siphon some of PokerStars disillusioned players and bring them into the 888 folds.
Here’s a look at the first ad:
– Legal Sports Report has the latest from the ongoing case against the daily fantasy sports industry in New York.
– The convergence of poker and eSports continues, as Full Tilt Poker is sponsoring a Hearthstone eSports team according to an article by Venture Beat.
– PokerNews annual countdown of the 10 biggest poker stories of the year has begun, with GVC’s purchase of bwin.party leading off in the #10 spot.
– Rich Muny of the Poker Players Alliance recently spent some time talking with poker writer Jennifer Newell, offering up his thoughts on future U.S. expansion, including Pennsylvania and California. Here’s my personal take when it comes to online poker expansion in 2016.
– Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon’s breaks down EPT Prague Champion Hossein Ensan’s run to the title, which involved so many critical hands Alex needed two columns to fit them all in. Part 1 and Part 2.