Mediarex has announced the nominees for this year’s European Poker Awards. The Global Poker League kicks off tomorrow, and BetStars wants you to wager on the matches. NYX Gaming will acquire OpenBet with financial assistance from William Hill and Sky Betting & Gaming. Haley Hintze can’t resist putting Joe McKeehen on blast. And more.
Fedor Holz and Liv Boeree are the European Players of the Year, Other Awards Up for Grabs
Mediarex Enterprises, which owns the Global Poker Index (GPI), Global Poker League (GPL) and many other prominent poker culture brands, has announced the nominees for the 15th European Poker Awards.
The awards for Player of the Year and Female Player of the Year are based on the GPI ratings system rather than a voting process, so these were decided as of January 1. German prodigy Fedor Holz takes the overall award, as well as being in contention for Breakout Player of the Year, while British fan favorite Liv Boeree comes out on top among women. Both are also prominently involved in the GPL, with Boeree managing the London Royals and Holz the first draft pick of the Los Angeles Sunset.
The other categories each have four nominations for the judges to choose from. These include Media Person of the Year, Industry Person of the Year, Breakout Player of the Year, Tournament Performance of the Year, Tournament of the Year (Over €2,000), Tournament of the Year (Under €2,000), Poker Innovation or Initiative of the Year, Moment of the Year, and Poker Media Content of the Year.
The final winners will be announced at the 15th Annual GPI European Poker Awards ceremony on May 3, 2016 at the Monte Carlo Bay Hotel in Monaco.
- The first season of the Global Poker League will be officially underway tomorrow, with four six-max matches scheduled. Six heads-up battles will follow on Wednesday and Thursday. I took a look at what I think are the most interesting match-ups, and weighed in on the betting lines set by BetStars for the season’s ultimate winner.
- FlushDraw’s Haley Hintze is never one to bite her tongue, and she had some stern words regarding the recent bizarre rants made by WSOP Main Event winner Joe McKeehen against the poker media and our supposed influence over WSOP decision-making.
- NYX Gaming has announced its acquisition of competitor OpenBet with the assistance of William Hill and Sky Betting & Gaming. At the same time, it is looking to rid itself of Ongame, which it acquired from Amaya in fall 2014, but which has been nothing but a money pit for years.
- PokerStars has been doing well in New Jersey since it opened its doors there a couple of weeks ago, and has had its license to operate there extended by another six months.
- WSOP.com will be running affordable satellites into the Colossus 2, which is expected to best its predecessor’s record at the largest live poker event in history.
- David Huber at PokerUpdate has put some thought into the things to consider when deciding whether to keep on grinding or call it quits in the new, ever-tougher online environment.
- PartyPoker has jumped on board the jackpot sit-and-go trend with a format it calls Sit & Go Hero. These are similar to PokerStars Spin-and-Go’s, but played with four players instead of three, more frequent jackpots, and the separation of the randomized prize pool into an award for 1st place and bounties for the elimination of opponents.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.