Fedor Holz comes out of retirement to win Barcelona Super High Roller. Rutgers responsible gambling study results. Estrellas Barcelona Main Event sets a record. And more.
So much for retirement.
Last month, Fedor Holz, all of 22, announced he was retiring from poker to pursue other interests. But the call of the felt was apparently too much for the young German superstar to resist, as Holz was a participant in the $100k Super-High-Roller tournament at the ongoing PokerStars EPT Barcelona tournament series.
Not only did Holz play in the event, he won it, adding nearly $1.5 million to his career tournament earnings, which now stand at just a shade under $20 million. Did I mention this kid is only 22?
Holz’s win likely has every other poker player in the world wishing he would reretire and stay retired this time.
So to sum things up: Fedor Holz is great at poker, but he’s terrible at retiring.
- The New Jersey Division of Gambling Enforcement has revealed the findings of Rutgers University’s Center for Gambling Studies second annual online gambling research project. The study was mandated by the DGE as part of its gaming regulations when the law was first passed in 2013, in order to provide regulators, lawmakers operators, and New Jersey residents with an independent look at the state’s nascent online gaming industry. Here’s what they found.
- PocketFives.com awards what is known as a Triple Crown to any player that wins three qualifying online poker tournaments over the course of a single week. New Jersey now has its second Pocket Fives Triple Crown winner in Andrew ‘Mergulas’ Glauberg.
- PokerStars has announced its changed the payout structure at EPT tournaments, bumping up the number of people who cash from 15% to 20%. Here are my thoughts on why the change was made and what this means for poker.
- Finalists for PokerListings.com 2016 Spirit of Poker Awards have been revealed.
- Mohamed Samri is the winner of a record-setting Estrellas Barcelona Main Event. Samri pocketed over €350k for the win, which included besting online poker legend Chris Moorman at the final table (Moorman finished 3rd) and a hard-fought heads-up battle Teunis Kooij, who actually pocketed more money than Samri after the two cut a deal.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.