The latest EPT Barcelona Champion turned a €27 satellite win into over €1.1 million. The Pennsylvania is back in session. How much criticism does Amaya deserve? And more.
The winner of the final PokerStars EPT Barcelona Main Event (next year the tournament will switch to the new PokerStars Championship Barcelona name) provided the poker media with a solid story.
Not only was the finish of the tournament one of the more dramatic in poker history, but 21 year-old Sebastian Malec also channeled his inner Chris Moneymaker, as he won his way into the tournament through a €27 online satellite, which he parlayed into over €1.1 million.
PocketFives.com has all the details here.
And here’s a look at the final table payouts:
- The Pennsylvania Senate is back in session today, but don’t expect them to tackle the yet-to-be-passed gaming reform legislation (that includes the legalization of online gambling) that was attached to the state budget last month. According to a legislative source, this week will be spent dealing with Governor Tom Wolf’s attorney general nominee. Next week we might be back on iGaming watch, or it could drag on, possibly even into 2017.
- The Golden Nugget is the first licensed US online casino to experiment with online live dealer games, and so far so good for Golden Nugget. Here’s a look at the early results GN has seen, and what the casino has planned for the future.
- PokerStars and Amaya have been getting a lot of shade thrown at them lately, with the changes to the EPT and other live events being the latest in a long line of complaints players have been voicing. But how much criticism does the company deserve? And how loose are some of the detractors playing with the facts? I decided to dig into this a bit and here’s what I found – cue the PokerStars apologist comments in 3… 2… 1.
- New Jersey’s Julian Sacks was the winner of the WSOP Foxwoods Circuit Series main event, besting the 460 player field to take home the top prize of nearly $150,000 and a WSOPC gold ring.
- The results of this week’s Sunday majors saw a four-way chop in the PokerStars Sunday Million, and a bunch of well-known online poker pros cashing across the broad spectrum of events available every Sunday.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.