Hit and Run: DraftKings Winner Explains Lineup Picks; Prahlad Friedman Rap Video; Cognitive Dissonance in Poker
DraftKings milly maker winner has cool plan to raise money for charity. Prahlad Friedman has a new rap video. Party Poker Millions will return in April 2017. And more.
DraftKings winner has big plans
If you haven’t heard, the winner of the DraftKings Millionaire Maker this past weekend was professional DFS player, and DFS podcaster Al Zeidenfeld.
it’s the first time Zeidenfeld has won the most prestigious contest in DFS, but as the Washington Post discovered when they talked to him about assembling his winning lineup, it’s far from surprising, as Zeidenfeld is one of the best in the business, evidenced by his massive podcast following.
One of the more interesting parts of the story is how Zeidenfeld plans to spend some of his winnings:
I want to collect the game used jerseys of the players on my team & will make donations to the charity of each player's choice in exchange. https://t.co/jFHoqjD6cq
— Al Smizzle (@AlZeidenfeld) September 21, 2016
– A new poker comedy series is in the works, the series is dubbed Luckboxes. The series has yet to be picked up, but a pilot episode has been filmed and is being shopped around – it sort of looks like the poker version of Entourage.
– 888 Poker will be sponsoring the Swedish Poker Championships, which run from October 28 – November 2. Among 888’s brand ambassadors is Swedish poker pro Sofia Lovgren, who will almost certainly be on hand to rep the 888 brand.
– The partypoker Millions will return in April 2017. This according to a report at PokerNews. The tournament will feature a £5 million guarantee, with £1 million set aside for the winner, and because of the small entry fee (£550) the starting flights will be held at card rooms around the globe.
– PocketFives posted an interesting article about cognitive dissonance and how it can create havoc for poker players – for those that don’t know, cognitive dissonance is when you have two contradictory thoughts or beliefs at the same time. Human nature is to ignore one of these in order to reduce the mental stress the dissonance causes.
– Prahlad Friedman is back. No, he’s not back at the poker tables, but back rapping. I’ll let you the reader be the judge of it.