Borgata could be switching online casino and online poker providers. Draft Justin Oliver for the GPL campaign. Martin Jacobson among weekend’s big online winners. And more.
Shakeup in New Jersey
the big news of the morning can’t be found in the typical poker outlets, as most of the stories are stuffed behind the paywalls of the gaming industries trade publications. But it appears Borgata may be getting ready to cut ties with partypoker in New Jersey, as according to eGR Magazine, Borgata and GAN have entered into an agreement that will see GAN provide social and real money games for Borgata.
According to multiple sources, GAN will take over the Borgata’s online casino and Pala will take over their online poker site – Pala already operates as an online casino skin of Borgata. Pala’s involvement has led to a bit of an uproar on the forums.
The severing of Borgata and bwin.party’s relationship is still all speculation at this point in time, as no official announcement has been made, but there is certainly a lot of smoke around this story. We’ll try to keep you posted as more details emerge.
– Poker Update tries to make heads and tails out of the vague and sidestepping comments the 2016 presidential hopefuls have made on the topic of gambling.
– 2014 World Series of poker Main Event Champion Martin Jacobson hasn’t forgotten his poker roots, as the Swedish superstar is still a frequent player in online poker tournaments. This weekend Jacobson was among the big winners at PokerStars.
– PocketFives sat down with Andre Akkari, the team manager for the Sao Paulo Metropolitans of the Global Poker League.
– The 2016 World Poker Tour (WPT) Fallsview Main Event is now underway. Here’s what happened on Day 1 as the field was winnowed from 423 to 132 players.
– Justin Oliver has a message for the 12 Global Poker League team managers, draft him for your team, because there isn’t a better stander in poker.