Doug Polk sets a Twitch poker record. 10 people who were snubbed as finalists for the 2016 Poker Hall of Fame. OnGame Poker Network closing in October. And more.
Move over SolidPenis (the previous owner of the largest cash recorded live on Twitch), there’s a new sheriff in town and his name is well known in the poker world: high stakes legend Doug “WCGrider” Polk.
Polk set the Twitch poker record during his live stream of the $10k PokerStars WCOOP High Roller event yesterday, thanks to a deep run that ended with Polk finishing in second. A three-way deal saw Polk pocket $455,000, easily besting SolidPenis’s previous record of $250,000, which he won in a Spin & Go just a couple months ago.
— Twitch (@Twitch) September 20, 2016
You can check out all of the recent results from the 2016 PokerStars WCOOP series here.
- PokerNews.com has put together a list of Poker Hall of Fame snubs, and I have to say, it’s a pretty good list. Among the snubs listed by PokerNews were, PokerStars founder Isai Scheinberg, Mike Matusow, Jeff Lisandro, David Chiu, Mori Eskandini, and John Hennigan.
- The Global Poker League fan shop has officially launched, with three items available for each of the 12 franchises: Hats, Hoodies, and T-Shirts. The prices are a bit high, but the merchandise appears to be very high quality.
- We usually avoid paywall articles for the Hit & Run, but PokerFuse Pro has an exclusive story indicating the OnGame Poker Network will be shuttered in mid-October. OnGame has been a hot potato that has been owned by just about every gaming company in the business over the past five years, but it looks like its latest stop will be its last.
- When it announced cuts to its VIP program PokerStars said it would be spending the money to bring in new players and reward recreational players. Have they lived up to this promise? That depends on your point of view, but here are the details.
- When (or if) Revel Casino reopens in Atlantic City it will do so with a new name, as Revel is being scrapped and replaced by TEN. The ambiguous brand name also has an ambiguous logo, a somewhat misshapen infinity symbol.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.