Hit and Run: DGE Director Rebuck on AC Gambling; Winamax Expresso 11; $250k Spin Winner Plot Twist
There wasn’t any tomfoolery in SolidPenis’s $250k Spin & Go win. Industry veteran types out 49 observations on poker. GGB Interview with DGE chief David Rebuck. And more.
Nothing to see here
The fairytale story that unfolded this week, the Russian player who won a $250k Spin & Go jackpot while live streaming on Twitch, nearly got upended when an amateur internet sleuth noticed the player, with lol screen-name “SolidPenis,” was using Holdem Manager (HEM) which the poster thought was against the terms and services at PokerStars.
He was both right and wrong about using HEM on PokerStars.
His detective work quickly unraveled when it was pointed out the player in question was using HEM 2, and not the prohibited HEM 1. HEM 2 is continually updated and complies with all of PokerStars current HUD policies.
So, as the title suggests, move along, nothing to see here.
– PokerNews.com’s Matt Parvis has come up with 49 – YES 49! – observations on the current state of poker. The one he absolutely nails is “#7: #Pokertwitter is terrifying.” I couldn’t agree more.
– Global Gaming Business’s Roger Gros recently sat down with New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement Director David Rebuck for an exclusive interview. This is a great interview that covers land-based and online gaming, as well as the current health of Atlantic City.
– I have a difference of opinion with PocketFives.com EIC Lance Bradley when it comes to the gimmicky tournaments dotting the WSOP schedule. Bradley feels these events are on the decline and too heavily relied upon, while I feel the opposite.
– I usually don’t put paywall articles in the Hit & Run, but this one needs to be brought up, as the WPN CEO has indicated the network, which still operates in the US, will be ramping up its efforts to ferret out bot users. If you have access, PokerFuse Pro has more details on this.
– Winamax has a new promotion called Expresso Eleven, designed to reward players who continually “spin bad” and keep getting the 2x multiplier. According to Dan Katz, the promotion will reward €500,000 when all is said and done.