Potential impropriety at DraftKings has the DFS community in a tizzy. Sam Trickett is getting married. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement creates an official seal for licensed online gaming sites.
The more skillful pursuit, online poker or DFS?
There is really only one story of note in the world of online gaming this weekend and that’s the (mini)scandals unfolding at DraftKings and FanDuel.
On a scale of 1 to superuser, FanDuel’s transgression appears to be about a 1.5, as the site seems to be having a technical issue that makes single entry tournaments appear as multi-entry tournaments or vice versa. However, I might bump this up to a 2.5 after the site failed to fix the glitch.
The issue at DraftKings is a bit more unclear, but could also end up being far more serious. Without going into too much detail (you can get the entire story here) a DraftKings employee posted player own percentages before they should have been available. It may not seem like a big deal at first, but, this player is a customer at rival FanDuel and finished second for $350k.
This has many wondering:
- What data is available to DraftKings’ employees?
- Who has access to the data and when?
- Are these people using this data to enter contests at other DFS sites?
Both of these stories are still unfolding.
– Poker Update has setup a bracket style tournament in an effort to determine the most memorable TV poker hand ever played. The four brackets are titled:
Poker enthusiasts will recognize many of the chosen hands, but there might be a few you’ve forgotten or simply missed too.
– The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement has been keeping pretty busy over the past week. First was the licensing of PokerStars, followed by the addition of an official DGE seal for licensed online gaming sites.
– Another UK poker legend is now off the market, as the UK’s all-time tournament money leader, Sam Trickett, is getting married. Earlier this year it was all-time online tournament money leader Chris Moorman who walked down the aisle.
– What’s the twittersphere saying about PokerStars’ New Jersey license? Pokerfuse has compiled some of the best responses.
– Most DFS sites (DraftKings and FanDuel) offer modest deposit bonuses with terrible clear rates of 4%. But players at StarsDraft are able to earn up to 18% depending on their VIP level.