Debate over DFS’s legality goes to Twitter after WaPo column. New online poker malware allows cheaters to see your hole cards. Delaware iPoker revenue up 11% in August.
With the NFL season upon us, it’s hard to escape daily fantasy sports, and even the mainstream press has started to realize how big the game has grown.
A Thursday morning Washington Post article discussing the legality of DFS touched off a mini-firestorm among the gaming lobbyist and law community, as Marc Edelman, Daniel Wallach, Joe Brennan Jr., and Ian Imrich, traded barbs, penned rebuttals, and tried to outline their thoughts on DFs in 140 characters or less – which sometimes required directing people to read some of their older columns.
A very unnerving issue has been brought to light by a malware detection company, as Silicon Republic is reporting the discovery of a new piece of malware that could have major implications for online poker by the anti-malware software Eset. Known as “Odlaner,” the malware can transmit an online poker player’s hole cards to the another computer
According to the article, Odlaner is hidden within other files (usually poker-related downloads from unverified distributors) and once installed allows the host to take screenshots of the infected person’s computer, among other things. The implications for poker players is apparent, as it would be an easy process to take screenshots every few seconds and see the person’s hole-cards.
2+2 has just picked up on the story, so while the thread is relatively small at this time, I expect it to grow quite a bit over the next day or so.
- Delaware online poker revenue was up 11% in August, a good sign for the small market.
- Carlos Mortensen is the latest 2015 Poker Hall of Fame finalist profiled by our very own Alex Weldon.
- Earlier this week we told you about Phil Hellmuth’s Reddit AMA on Thursday, but before the Poker Brat “tells all” it will be Team PokerStars Pro Vanessa Selbst’s turn, as she’s hosting her own Reddit AMA today too.
- Iceland is taking a look at online gambling regulation. The proposal is still in the early stages but it’s worth keeping an eye on.
- The unbeatable heads-up limit holdem bot, Cepheus, was beaten… by an amateur poker player! The headline is overdramatic, as anyone with any understanding or probability understands Cepheus is beatable over a small sample of hands – the Huffington Post who beat Cepheus played just 700 hands.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.