California’s online poker bill is getting a bit more detailed and may get a hearing. Illinois Senate passes a DFS bill. Huffington Post feature on poker player Candace Collins. And more.
California’s online poker bill might be discussed at an appropriations hearing in mid-June; this according to veteran California gaming journalist Dave Palermo.
From the sound of it, Assemblyman Adam Gray, the sponsor of AB 2863, and the state’s various stakeholders, are trying to fill in some of the blanks the bill still possesses, and even more importantly, find a compromise on the prickly issue of PokerStars’ suitability.
If all of these things can be agreed upon the bill has a fighting chance. That being said, the chance the state can solve all of these issues in the next few weeks is pretty slim.
- Online gambling legalization in Pennsylvania has come to a grinding halt, but the holding pattern could be due to the state’s desire to add daily fantasy sports legislation to its comprehensive gaming reform bill, highlighted by online gambling legalization and regulation.
- Lance Bradley has penned a very interesting column over at PocketFives.com (where Bradley serves as the EIC) highlighting the behind the scenes role Mandy Glogow performs for the World Poker Tour.
- The Illinois legislature is making a last second push to pass a daily fantasy sports bill before the current legislative session ends. On Wednesday the Illinois Senate passed a DFS bill, but not the one the state had been mulling over. Legal Sports Report has all the details to get you up to speed on what’s going on.
- Andrew Carillo of Columbia won the PokerStars LAPT Panama Main Event this week, pocketing over $138k in the process.
- John Mehaffey’s latest installment of the offshore online poker payment processing report is now live, and while most of the remaining unregulated offshore online poker sites still serving some U.S. markets get good grades, fast payments aren’t universal.
- Poker player Candace Collins was featured in a Huffington Post article today. As the article notes, Collins was the owner of a frozen yogurt store before finding poker, and is excited about the possibility that more women could follow her lead and take up the game.
- Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon takes a look at the recently announced mash up of poker and Hearthstone tournaments in his latest column.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.