The Millennial Problem that’s not a problem. Puma signs Brazilian poker pro Andre Akkari to sponsorship deal. What to expect at G2E. And more.
Jeff Hwang wrote a really solid piece for MotleyFool.com where he argues that the casino industry’s millennial problem is more akin to Don Quixote facing down windmills than it is to an actual problem the gaming industry is facing. The article is titled, The Millennial Problem: The Problem with the Casino Millennial Problem, and is a must read for anyone who’s growing tired of the word millennial being injected into every gaming related discussion.
It’s a long read, but the issue is quite complex, and requires no lack of nuance to properly explain.
this is a topic I’ve written about in the past (including here at Part Time Poker) and yes, I pretty much agree entirely with Jeff’s conclusions.
- Brazilian poker pro Andre Akkari continues to be the most well-known and marketable poker player you’ve never heard of. Akkari is a really big deal in Brazil (like a really big deal) evidenced by his newly inked sponsorship with Puma – likely the most mainstream sponsorship any poker player has ever landed.
- The latest installment of John Mehaffey’s monthly offshore online poker payment processing report has been posted, and from the looks of it, it looks like the black market has settled quite a bit, as the grades are nearly identical to last month’s.
- Global Gaming Expo kicks off next week, and I’ll be among the 20,000 or so people in attendance. Here’s what’s on my agenda, and what I’m hoping to find out during my three day visit to Las Vegas.
- The latest installment of Part Time Poker’s Keith Wornle’s series titled Thoughts on Poker is now posted and today’s topic is software and tracking tools – The title says this is Part 7a but I’m certain I’ve read at least a dozen articles from this well thought out series by now.
- Chris Moneymaker talked with PokerNews.com’s Marty Derbyshire about his recent Poker Hall of Fame nomination and all things poker. The most surprising thing about Chris is, no matter how well we think we know his story, a new bit of information seems to pop up in nearly every interview.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.