Hit and Run: Day 3 of the WSOPE Main Event; US Attorney Investigating DFS; CSIG Attack Ad
The World Series of Poker Europe continues to chug along. Preview of the upcoming WSOP Main Event final table. US Attorney who shutdown online poker looking into DFS.
Day 3 of the WSOP Europe Main Event
Event #9: Day 3 of the World Series of Poker Europe Main Event is coming to a close and with just 33 players remaining it’s a Poker Hall of Famer who is leading the way, Erik Seidel. Other big names still in contention include Kevin MacPhee, Andrew Lichtenberger, Adrien Allain, Konstantin Puchov, JC Alvarado, Jeff Rossiter, Dominik Nitsche, Jeff Gross, Benjamin Pollack, and Jason Mercier.
Only 32 players will cash in the tournament, with a top prize €883,000 and a min-cash worth €20,000.
Event #10: At the time of writing, the €25,000 High Roller tournament has 60 entrants, including 2014 WSOP Champ Martin Jacobson, WPT Player of the Year Mukul Pahuja, Dan Smith, Marvin Rettenmaier, Ole Schemion, Jonathan Duhamel, Faraz Jaka, Shaun Deeb, Steve O’Dwyer, 2012 WSOP Champ Greg Merson, Brian Rast, and David Kitai.
More updates available at WSOP.com live reporting.
– Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon offers up his thoughts on whether the highly popular Spin and Go’s and Flipout’s will be able to succeed in the live poker arena.
– The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement fined bwin.party $10,000 for violating the terms of a divestiture agreement the company signed when they were granted a license back in 2013.
– The man who is credited with taking down the online poker industry in 2011 is now setting his sights on DFS. According to the Wall Street Journal, US Attorney Preet Bharara has launched an investigation into the daily fantasy sports phenomenon.
– Sheldon Adelson’s Coalition to Stop Internet Gambling has released a new piece of propaganda web video where they assert Pennsylvania Representative John Payne is trying to corrupt the state’s children and bankrupt the state’s senior citizens.
– The WSOP Main Event November Nine is just a couple weeks away, here is a preview of the final table and the final table participants, with a little bit of forecasting mixed in.