Hit and Run: Cosmo Fire; PokerStars Signs a New pro; Hold the Phone on bwin.party Sale to 888
The Cosmopolitan Hotel Casino in Las Vegas experienced every casino’s worst nightmare when a fire ripped through their outdoor pool area. DraftKings secures another $300 million of investment funding. GVC makes another pitch to acquire bwin.party. And more.
You… Your sex pool is on fire…
People enjoying the outdoor pool at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas got a little more than they bargained for on Sunday when the pool deck was engulfed in flames. Fortunately no one was burned by the fast moving blaze, and only one person was treated for smoke inhalation.
One Twitter user captured the scene from high above in his hotel room:
— Julio (@julioloredo) July 25, 2015
Considering the city’s propensity for building outdoor attractions, the sweltering heat that often eclipses 100 degrees in the shade, and the level of alcohol consumed, it’s somewhat astounding that these types of incidents don’t occur more often in Las Vegas.
– Allen Kessler unmasked as “The Creeper” in an episode of Scooby Doo on Twitter.
Creeper alert https://t.co/DTWWOZkWFi
— Paul Oresteen (@PaulOresteen) July 25, 2015
– As we reported last week, the deal between 888 and bwin.party isn’t signed, sealed and delivered just yet. GVC is prepping a new offer, and bwin.party is listening.
– DraftKings raises $300 million, agrees to massive ad buy with FOX Sports as part of the deal.
– How important is your image in a live tournament? PTP’s Alex Weldon discusses.
– Slovakian poker players revolt, refuse to play final table, over a non-guaranteed guarantee.