Hit and Run: Complete WSOP Schedule Unveiled; Archival Footage of Doyle Brunson; Kara Scott Joins 888
Kara Scott is 888’s newest ambassador. The complete 2016 World Series of Poker schedule is now available. Daniel Negreanu on arrogance in poker. And more.
WSOP schedule finally revealed
With the groans and displeasure of the poker community growing more audible with each passing day, the World Series of Poker finally released the complete schedule for the 2016 WSOP tournament series.
The schedule has three open events with buy-ins under $1,000:
- $565 Colossus II
- $565 Pot Limit Omaha
- $888 Crazy Eights
Some other highlights are:
- A team poker event, a $1,000 Tag-Team NLHE tournament
- Starting chips for the Main Event have been increased to 50,000, but the first blind level is now 75/150
- Main Event payout structure will be the Top 1,000 players or 15% of the field, whichever is greater
- The final nine players in the Main Event are all guaranteed $1 million
– Some really cool footage of Doyle Brunson has surfaced where the poker legend talks about how he almost ended up playing in the NBA. Apparently, the interview was offered to ESPN for a 30-for-30 episode, but they declined using it.
– Kara Scott is the newest brand ambassador for 888 Poker. Scott, who is up for an American Poker Award for her work as a presenter, joins Dominik Nitsche, Sofia Lovgren, Bruno Politano, and Nicolau Villa-Lobos as 888 ambassadors.
– I hope you’re ready for some fireworks on Friday, as PokerNews’s Remko Rinkema and PokerNews agitator Jason Mo will join Joey Ingram on his podcast to debate Mo’s criticisms of PokerNews.
– In our latest installment of the Forum Files Alex Weldon takes a look at several interesting stories that the forums are currently discussing, including a new idea to change the WSOP Women’s tournament that didn’t go over quite as expected… or did it?
– Another day and another Daniel Negreanu blog. This time the Poker Hall of Famer talks about arrogance in the poker world, which is one of the lengthier blogs I’ve ever seen Negreanu write.