One of Internet poker’s true legends, Chad Batista, passed away this morning. Batista was only 35 years old. Daniel Negreanu talks WSOP near-miss and whining. Will Georgia legalize casino gambling?
Yesterday we reported on rumors that online poker legend Chad “lilholdem” Batista was not in good shape. Today we have the unenviable task of reporting on his passing, which was confirmed by Batista’s family.
Unsurprisingly, the poker world has been reflecting on Batista’s life, and their memories of the misunderstood young man.
Here are some of the more poignant in memoriam columns:
In a recent interview with Poker Strategy, Hall of Famer Daniel Negreanu discussed a number of topics including his non-disappointment with missing the WSOP Main Event final table, while at the same time understanding the impact on the poker world.
Negreanu also talked about attitudes at the poker tables and why there is less whining in the high-roller events.
- A new piece of poker software is being billed as a HUD for the casual player: PokerStoker. Read our review here.
- According to a recent study, by the year 2019 10% of adults will be gambling online.
- Real Gaming’s Lawrence Vaughan discusses what his company is doing differently and why.
- Full Tilt has appointed former Betfair brand director Mark Ody as their new Marketing Director. Ody is brought on board during a period of major change at the company, as FT has unveiled new rake and structures, as well as a new rewards program in recent weeks.
- Georgia will soon be hosting preliminary hearings on legalizing casino gaming in the state thanks to a push by MGM Resorts. The meetings will take place in September.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.