A black eye for legal sports betting in the US. 888 Poker sending four VIP’s to the November Nine; FullFlush Poker goes offline, status of player funds unknown. And more.
The legalization of sports betting is hot in the streets right now – the topic couldn’t be avoided at the recently concluded Global Gaming Expo conference.
But, while advocates for the legalization and regulation of sports betting are touting the robust regulations and consumer protections that the proliferation of sports betting beyond the borders of Nevada would bring about, a recent Wall Street Journal story about violations by a licensed Nevada sports book affiliate is probably not going to help very much.
Cantor Fitzergerald LP, one of the biggest legal sportsbooks affiliates in Nevada, “has agreed to pay $22.5 million in penalties and forfeiture to the U.S. government in conjunction with its involvement in illegal gambling and money laundering,” per the WSJ.
According to the article, the offenses came between 2009-2013, and including aiding and abetting in taking illegal wagers.
- The Kahnawake reservation in Canada will no longer be the easy access point for offshore operators looking to service the US online gaming market. In a first of its kind agreement, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement have reached an agreement that will force these online gaming operators to cease operations in the US or lose their KGC license.
- FullFlushPoker.com appears to be DonkDown. The site is offline and the domain is listed for sale according to veteran poker reporter John Mehaffey.
- There are some changes afoot at partypoker. The site has decided to anonymize all hand histories, so any hand histories a player requests will make all opponents’ screen names anonymous. Not everyone is a fan of the changes, including a player rep that has been working with partypoker, who posted on 2+2 that the new changes will make it harder to ferret some forms of cheating.
- What happens when you send a couple of millennials to the biggest trade show the casino industry hosts? The answer to that is… you get a lengthy, and pretty interesting column in CDC Gaming Reports. Cory Roberts and Mitch Broughton, went to G2E last week and took some of the new “millennial-friendly” products for a test drive.
- 888 Poker is running a Facebook promotion that will award four World Series of Poker November Nine VIP packages. All you have to do to be entered in the drawing is, “play in the 888 poker Facebook Trivia Game from October 2 – 7 and answer eight questions correctly,” according to PocketFives.com.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.