Hit and Run: Candid Interview With Mason Malmuth; Deeb Wins 3rd WCOOP Title; NY’s Path to iPoker
In-depth interview with Mason Malmuth. More high stakes online poker drama. Shaun Deeb wins third WCOOP title. New tribal casino is proposed in Massachusetts.
Mason Malmuth answers the critics
poker player and podcaster Joe Ingram managed pulled off one of the biggest “gets” in the poker industry when he brought 2+2 boss (or end-boss as Ingram started calling him) Mason Malmuth on his podcast. The two talked for well over an hour on a variety of topics, including 2+2’s longstanding issues with Daniel Negreanu, Malmuth’s disdain for “incorrect” poker information in books, as well as a trip into poker’s past.
– Julien Sitbon triumphed in the 2015 Unibet Open Cannes, picking up an €80,000 score.
– The $51k WCOOP Super High Roller is down to eight players, with late arrival Mike “Timex” McDonald leading the way. Only six of these players will cash, so it should be a very interesting Day 2.
– Daniel “Jungleman” Cates chimed in on the Brian Hastings multi-accounting scandal, but only to throw Isildur1 under the bus for some unnamed crimes. Cates’ appearance begins here (with an ironic post about irony), and continues for a couple pages.
– Shaun Deeb picked up his third PokerStars WCOOP title this weekend. The online poker legend took down Event #44, a $215 4-Max NLHE tournament. Deeb pocketed $68k.
– Here’s what New York will have to do if they plan on passing an online gaming bill in the coming years according to Online Poker Report’s Dustin Gouker. 1) Scrap poker-only. 2) Appeal to the NYGA. 3) Rally support in the legislature.
– The Mashpee Wampanoag tribe has received approval from the Bureau of Indian Affairs to hold a parcel of land in trust for the federally recognized tribe. The approval paves the way for the tribe to begin construction on a casino in Taunton, Massachusetts.
– Our latest edition of Forum Files is about opinions, and you know the old saying… Opinions are like [insert word here]; everyone has one.