PokerStars has released the official schedule for the 2016 WCOOP. Caesars Palace celebrates its 50th Anniversary. Annie Duke talks to Wired about Donald Trump. And more.
On August 5, 2016 Caesars Palace in Las Vegas celebrated its 50th Anniversary.
To celebrate, Caesars Palace played host to a massive party this weekend that brought out some of the casinos past performers like Wayne Newton and Tony Bennett – Bennett was the second person to ever perform at Caesars Palace when the casino opened in 1966.
The iconic casino, which ruled the Las Vegas landscape for over two decades, is one of the few casinos that has been able to stand the test of time, and maintain a place of prominence amid a sea of newer, glitzier, casinos.
While its peers have been unable to adapt and change, Caesars Palace is still one of the city’s biggest tourist draws.
David Schwartz, who heads up the UNLV Center for Gaming Research, wrote a lengthy article on Caesars Palace’s milestone that is well worth the read.
- Annie Duke was recently enlisted by Wired.com to give the professional poker player’s point of view on the Donald Trump campaign. Even through Duke is familiar with Trump, having appeared on a season of Celebrity Apprentice, here’s why I think Wired should have picked virtually anyone but Duke to give the poker player perspective.
- In more Donald Trump news, it appears Texas Billionaire, and the catalyst for the highest stakes poker games ever played in Las Vegas, Andy Beal, is one of The Donald’s economic advisors.
- After getting the thoughts and opinions of the community, PokerStars has released the official World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) schedule.
- Japan is one of the few places on earth where you won’t find a casino, but that may be about to change, as the political winds are shifting in Japan, and as PokerNews.com’s Jason Glatzer reports, the shift could bring casinos to Japan’s shores.
- The iconic Normandie Casino in Gardena, California is now known as the Lucky Lady Casino. Lucky Lady is now under the ownership of Larry Flynt, who also owns the nearby Hustler Casino.
- Golden Nugget will be the first online casino in New Jersey to offer online casino games with live dealers. According to Play NJ, the live dealer games will launch on August 11.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.