Comprehensive list of failed online poker sites. Brian Rast challenges Sheldon Adelson to poker match. Gala Coral and Ladbrokes merger approved with stipulation. And more.
Brian Rast has not taken Sheldon Adelson’s recent comments about poker with a grain of salt. Instead, Rast has decided to challenge Adelson to a heads-up match for $2 million.
Hey Sheldon Adelson, waz up? Poker is a skill game. Don't believe me? You're a billionaire, I'm not close. Let's play HU 4 2 million each.
— Brian Rast (@tsarrast) September 10, 2016
There’s only one problem, Rast is challenging Adelson to defend a position the casino magnate never adopted, as I explain in this column. Adelson may downplay the amount of skill involved in poker (and he’s made some derogatory remarks about poker players over the years) but he never actually says poker doesn’t have skill to it.
- The August numbers are out, and once again the New Jersey online casino market posted solid year-over-year gains, with the final tally in August eclipsing $16 million, despite only four weekends in the month.
- UK Regulators have agreed to the mega-merger between Gala Coral and Ladbrokes provided the two companies sell off some 350-400 betting shops – which represents about 10% of the combined number of shops the two companies currently operate.
- The 14th installment of the Borgata Poker Open will kick off next week. The 19 event tournament series will culminate with a $3,500 buy-in $3 million guarantee Main Event. You can find more details on the series here.
- Speaking of the WPT, the company recently launched a pretty cool social poker product, the software is pretty solid and there are quite a few ways to level up in the game and unlock some in-game items.
- John Mehaffey has updated the failed online gaming sites list here. The list is very extensive, but Mehaffey noted on Twitter it’s still not complete, and considering the industry’s history, will likely continue to grow.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.