FanDuel and the Massachusetts Gaming Commission call for regulation of DFS industry. Online poker affiliates running out of time in New Jersey. Justin Bonomo throws shade at Daniel Negreanu.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, FanDuel CEO Nigel Eccles said he is now in favor of some government regulation of the industry. Eccles said the self-regulation policies the FSTA announced yesterday didn’t go far enough, and some manner of state level regulation would be needed for consumers to have confidence in the industry.
“They need to know it’s fair, that the information is protected,” Eccles said. “If the consumer doesn’t trust the industry than the business doesn’t exist.”
Online poker affiliates are fast approaching the deadline set by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, and at least one high-profile outfit, 4Cubed, the parent company of Poker Affiliate Solutions, has chosen the long-term regulated market over the short-term gains of the unregulated online poker industry.
In September, the DGE gave all online poker affiliates 150 days to choose between the regulated and unregulated. After the 150 day period, any affiliate still promoting offshore online poker sites will be barred from licensure in New Jersey in perpetuity.
- The Arizona Attorney General has come out AGAINST Sheldon Adelson’s proposed ban on online gambling. In a letter sent to Senator Jeff Flake, AG Mark Brnovich staunchly opposed the RAWA.
- If you missed it (which might have happened considering the debate ran opposite the World Series) daily fantasy sports made an impromptu appearance during the latest installment of the Republican presidential debates. I put together a snarky column where I summed up each candidate as a DFS player.
- The EPT Malta tournament is experimenting with four color decks.
- In an interview with PokerNews.com, poker pro Justin Bonomo offered up his thoughts on Daniel Negreanu. In Bonomo’s opinion, Negreanu lacks self awareness when it comes to offending others. Bonomo also indicated that while Daniel is quick to offer his own opinions, he’s not the best when it comes to listening to others.
- During a public hearing today, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission talks about potential regulations of daily fantasy sports. This was also the last day for Commissioner James McHugh, who has been with the MGC since it was created some three and half years ago.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.