Justin Bonomo hits refresh on picture-gate saga. Ant Zinno denied historic fourth WPT title. California online poker bill gets May 18 hearing. And more.
Justin Bonomo posted a lengthy response to some of the criticism he’s received over his decision to cause a stink about posing for a winner’s picture at the recently concluded EPT Grand Final series in Monte Carlo. In his response, Bonomo singled out a specific column, by CalvinAyre.com’s Lee Davy to use as the yin to his yang.
The response by Bonomo focuses on what he calls unethical behavior by PokerStars, and his delineation of being a customer to a company and promoting said company – which he believes posing for a winner’s photo would do.
My guess is he may have been better off not responding (an option he says he mulled over) as I think this will only add fuel to the fire on 2+2, where Bonomo’s actions have largely mocked. Chances are, this story will now stay towards the top of the NVG forum for another week or so before falling into obscurity.
- Questions are being raised about the impetus for Michigan’s entrance into the online gaming debate. However, as we learned at the hearing Michigan recently held, Senator Kowall has been working on this issue for multiple years, long before Amaya lobbyists entered the picture.
- Alex Dreyfus talks to PokerStrategy about the early returns from the GPL, and how the league’s biggest name, actor Aaron Paul, has a “commitment” to poker.
- Part Time Poker’s breakdown of the state’s most recent online gaming revenue reports should leave you with an extremely positive feeling when it comes to the health and future growth of the industry.
- Just how good is Anthony Zinno at poker? The budding poker superstar nearly won his fourth WPT title this week (which would break the logjam of players with three WPT titles), but finished a “disappointing” third in the WPT Amsterdam Main Event.
- California’s online poker bill, AB 2863, will be heard in another committee this week, as the Assembly Appropriations Committee has added it to their May 18 agenda. the hearing will likely just give AB 2863 an up or down vote.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.