Aaron Paul joins the GPL’s LA Sunset. Yet another California online poker hearing will be held. Five years hence, Martin Harris looks back at Black Friday. And more.
The big news on Monday was the addition of Breaking Bad actor Aaron Paul to the roster of the Global Poker League’s Los Angeles Sunset. Paul, a longtime actor with plenty of credits on his resume, broke through thanks to his Jesse Pinkman role on the hit series.
The signing of Paul, the first full-fledged celebrity to join the league, was met with a great many cheers across the poker social mediaverse, but not everyone is sold, as a small group questioned how an amateur celebrity player fits in with the GPL’s larger narrative.
— Kim Lund (@InfiniteEdgeKim) April 12, 2016
- Week 2 of the GPL is underway, and even though we’re only in Week 2, several teams desperately need points in order to avoid falling too far out of contention. You can follow the action on Twitch.tv, or check out USA Today’s written updates.
- If you’re interested in some unfiltered takes on the GPL, I recommend Joey Ingram’s blog, where the poker podcaster explains the pros and cons of the upstart league.
- World Series of Poker press passes are now available, but lest you think any yahoo with a website will receive a press credential, think again. You can find the application here.
- The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma is moving closer to the launch of their online poker site. The site would service legal U.S. markets and legal international markets, but not Oklahoma.
- Despite the current uncertainty looming over the process, California is apparently going forward with a planned online poker hearing per Steve Stallings, chairman of the California Nations Indian Gaming Association. I caught wind of the hearing last month, but expected it to be called off considering the new developments that are likely to derailed the process.
- Martin Harris apparently thinks everyone in poker is a bit too happy these days, so he’s decided to open some old wounds and take a look at Black Friday, five years after the fact.
- Never ever, never ever ever, take the opposite side of a physical challenge prop bet. Alex Weldon explains why here.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.