Binion’s redefines the tournament guarantee. As fantasy esports becomes a mainstream topic, FanDuel has acquired DFeS site AlphaDraft. New structures will be on display at the WSOPE. And more.
Binion’s cancels guarantees
In the quintessential example of the Princess Bride meme, “you keep using that word… I do not think it means what you think it means,” Binion’s has apparently redefined the word guarantee. After a miserable start, the former home of the World Series of Poker has decided to cancel the guarantees on the remainder of the tournaments, perhaps with one or two exceptions, in their 2015 Binion’s Poker Open tournament series.
Needless to say the poker community is not amused, and if I were Binion’s I would not post a guarantee on a poker tournament for quite some time.
The backlash is being led by Allen Kessler, who posted about it on 2+2, and it quickly picked up steam.
– After DraftKings announced the launch of a fantasy esports product last week it was only a matter of time before their rival FanDuel followed suit. And today it’s being reported that FanDuel has purchased AlphaDraft, one of only two DFS sites that currently offers DFeS – Vulcun being the other.
– Would going “contactless” solve online gambling’s payment processing issues? Here’s a look at the future of online payments.
– Vanessa Rousso made the final three of Big Brother 17, but did she win the title and the $500k first place prize? If you want to find out before the show airs click here.
– The World Series of Poker Europe tournament series will feature a few new wrinkles, including something being referred to as a min-cash reentry in their “Oktoberfest” tournament. PTP’s Alex Weldon can give you all the details in this column.
– Our biographic series on the 2015 Poker Hall of Fame finalists is in the home stretch, and we’ve saved one of their best for the end as David “Devilfish” Ulliott is the latest poker legend we profile.