California takes key step towards legalizing online poker. Daniel Negreanu discusses the “politics” in the high stakes poker community. PokerStars launches Duel app. And more.
There are huge developments to report on the California online poker front. After being all but written off, online poker expansion suddenly appears to be a real possibility in 2016. The big breakthrough was a recently revealed draft amendment to Assemblyman Adam Gray’s online poker AB 431, that would see the online poker operators pay an annual stipend of $60 million to the state’s horseracing industry in exchange for the tracks giving up their operating rights.
The role of the horseracing industry has been one of the key issues preventing the state from passing an online poker bill, but the current offer (or even an offer of $20 million – $30 million) is simply too much money for the tracks to pass up in many analysts minds.
And just like that, California is back in play for online poker expansion.
- The daily fantasy sports industry was put under the spotlight by FRONTLINE this week, with a lot of debates have been raging over the episode. Here were the three key takeaways I had after watching it.
- Today’s news of the weird tells the tale of a planned casino heist, involving three youth level players in the German Bundesliga.
- PokerNews recently interviewed LA Sunset team manager Maria Ho to get her thoughts on the soon to be launched Global Poker League.
- Daniel Negreanu pulled back the curtain on the high stakes poker games in Las Vegas in two recent blog posts. While detailing his experiences at Aria and Bellagio, Negreanu decided to ask his readers whether they think the current politics of these games was a good or a bad thing.
- As they prepare to remove their regular heads-up tables tomorrow, PokerStars has launched a new heads-up poker app called Duel. The game is akin to words with friends and other one-on-one apps in that players can pause the game for hours or even days, and pick up where they left off.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.