The Pennsylvania legislature flummoxed the online poker community. Talel Sharkechi wins the 2016 PokerStars SCOOP Main Event. Timex giving away the bank. And more.
Quite a few poker players tuned in for yesterday’s session of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives after learning that online gambling would be coming up for a vote, and they weren’t disappointed, as online gambling received not one, not two, not three, but four votes on Tuesday.
There was a lot of confusion surrounding the vote, and in the end, both amendments that featured online gambling were defeated, but the legislature also voted that both bills be reconsidered at a later date.
The good news is a lot of people got to see the legislative process in action. The bad news is a lot of people got to see the legislative process in action.
- Rumors that a couple of PokerStars SCOOP winners may have been playing from banned markets has been met with a lot of “so what’s” over on 2+2. But as one poster put it when someone asked, who cares?… “PokerStars.”
- High stakes poker player Talel Shakerchi took down the $10k SCOOP Main Event title, winning a cool $1,468,000. Interestingly, there wasn’t a final table deal made, likely because of Shakerchi who simply doesn’t need the money.
- It looks like Atlantic City will finally get its bailout after the legislature reached a compromise agreement that would throw the flailing city a much needed lifeline.
- Was it really tougher to become a poker pro before the Poker Boom? The question was first answered by Daniel Negreanu, and it touched off a mini-firestorm. Here are my thoughts on the matter.
- Poker pro Mike McDonald has literally been giving money away lately. The poker legend certainly has money to burn, but he’s brought altruism to a whole new level with his recent deeds.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.