Baazov insider trading hearing alleges lax email policies. WSOP.com is sending two people to the Main Event final table. Chinese poker cheats busted. And more.
The curious case of David Baazov is still playing out in Canada.
Baazov, the former Amaya CEO who was charged with insider trading stemming from the company’s acquisition of PokerStars back in 2014 (Baazov has denied any wrongdoing), sat through a hearing where the latest developments in the story were revealed.
According to a watchdog group, Baazov was a bit lax with his handling of sensitive information during Amaya’s acquisition of Cryptologic back in 2011.
“Despite the fact his brother Josh was not a member of Amaya management but merely a consultant to the Internet gambling company at the time, Mr. Baazov forwarded him an e-mail from Amaya adviser Canaccord referring to Amaya’s impending takeover attempt of Cryptologic, the Autorité des marchés financiers alleges. In the message, he asks his brother for “support,” which the AMF says was a request for help building momentum for Amaya stock to prepare a bid.”
- Daily fantasy sports has been compared to spelling bees, bowling alleys, chess, and the stock market, but a new DFS-inspired game is a lot more like keno… in fact it’s just like keno. I came across Scoring Frenzy at G2E and was pretty impressed by the DFS/Keno hybrid developed by a UNLV student John Lukasik.
- With the latest installment of the Big One for One Drop fast approaching, and a ban on professional players in the $1,000,000 buy-in tournament this time around, PokerNews has decided to compile a list of the 10 best non-professional poker players.
- IGT has overhauled the BOSS Media online poker platform and the results are pretty impressive. I had a chance to demo the new IGT online poker software at G2E. Here are my thoughts on the product.
- The World Series of Poker is running a free contest that will see one lucky person (and a friend) whisked off to Las Vegas for a three-night stay at Caesars Palace and a VIP experience at the 2016 World Series of Poker Main Event Final Table.
- Four poker players were arrested in China after police discovered they were using specially made infrared contact lenses to fleece an opponent. As is often the case, greed got the better of the cheats, and their mark quickly uncovered the ruse.
- You may not be familiar with the name, but you’ve almost certainly seen his work. And now the man behind the camera has been placed in front of it, as poker photographer Joe Giron was interviewed over at Poker Update.
- Zachary Smiley is the latest WPT Champion, as the former medical student bested a very tough final table to win the WPT Maryland Live! Main Event.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.