Bilzerian “fires” on Powerball tickets. Aussie Millions tournament series continues at Crown Casino. Is poker better off classifying itself as gambling? And more.
There have been a few winners since our last Aussie Millions update.
Yuki Ko was the winner of Event #4, a 6-Max PLO tournament with an $1,150 buy-in. Ko pocketed $54k for his efforts.
Gregory Cook is $51k richer after triumphing in Event #5, an $1,150 Mix-Max tournament.
David Yan took down Event #6 at the Aussie Millions, winning $117k by besting the field in the $1,150 6-Max NLHE tournament.
For all the latest from the Crown Casino you can head over to the PokerNews.com live reporting page.
Not content with being a mere multimillionaire, Dan Bilzerian decided to “invest” in some Powerball tickets when the jackpot grew to $1.5 billion – or as Bilzerian calls it, he, “Fired on Powerball today.”
Fired on powerball today pic.twitter.com/ku3NgBnkxS
— Dan Bilzerian (@DanBilzerian) January 14, 2016
Even though he probably had the best odds of any single player, it doesn’t appear Bilzerian nailed any big payouts.
The one question I have is this: How long does it take for a store to print 50,000 quick-pick tickets?
- Who should be inducted into the Women in Poker Hall of Fame? Poker Update has selected nine potential candidates.
- A bill that would have classified poker as a game of skill in Nebraska came up short in the legislature.
- Is the poker community making a mistake by trying to drive a wedge between poker and traditional games of chance? I think so, and I wrote a pretty lengthy op-ed on the matter. Read it here.
- Aria has a new director of Poker, Sean McCormack. PokerNews sat down with him to get his thoughts on his new job.
- The ruling at the Crown Casino that allowed a husband to take over his pregnant wife’s stack when she went into labor is still a hot topic of debate in the poker community. Here’s what PTP’s Alex Weldon had to say on the topic.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.