Hit and Run: Ansky Posts About Stars Meet Up; LA Times “Legalize Online Gambling”; Kornuth Triumphs Down Under
Player reps from PokerStars meeting talk. Chance Kornuth defeats a very tough final table at the Aussie Millions. LA Times says legalize all online gambling. And more.
Chance wins at the Aussie Millions
Chance didn’t beat out skill in the tournament, rather, it was a poker pro with an out of place name, Chance Kornuth, who prevailed against one of the toughest final tables you’ll ever see in poker. Kornuth took down the 2016 Aussie Millions $25k Challenge, a win that added nearly $791k to the poker pro’s lifetime earnings.
Kornuth’s win also let poker writers breathe a sigh of relief, as it meant Phanlert Sukonthachartnant’s name wouldn’t have to be fit into headlines.
- Chance Kornuth – $790,560
- Igor Kurganov – $541,680
- Jason Les – $351,360
- Steve O’Dwyer – $263,520
- Oliver Price – $190,320
- Phanlert Sukonthachartnant – $131,760
- Michael Egan – $109,800
Player reps open up about PokerStars meeting
After a week of few details, Dani “Ansky” Stern posted about the meet up he, Ike Haxton, and Daniel Dvoress had with PokerStars executives and Daniel Negreanu.
Stern’s analysis of the meeting seems to indicate that the rift between PokerStars and the high stakes community won’t be closed anytime soon, concluding that, ” We deeply regret that we are not bringing back any good news for the players. We tried our best to present both practical and ethical arguments against the SN/SNE cuts, but PokerStars is not willing to reconsider any of the changes.”
Ansky also asked the community to fire away with any questions, and the 2+2 community obliged.
– The LA Times came out firing on Friday. The venerable newspaper’s editorial board made the case for legalizing all forms of online gambling, and not just daily fantasy sports, stating that lawmakers are, as usual, “way behind the curve.”
– Speaking of California, CNIGA chairman Steve Stallings was interviewed by Cardplayer Magazine and told the poker outlet that if something doesn’t happen soon, interest in online poker could wane. Stallings has been one of the most vocal critics of the California legislatures decision to put DFS talks ahead of online poker.
– Here’s what you need to know if you’re one of the lucky people that qualified for Poker Night in America’s cash game through 888 Poker New Jersey. The game will take place at the end of the month in California.