The sponsor of Michigan’s online gambling bill is optimistic when it comes to its chances. Amaya Q1 earnings: poker down, other verticals are up. And more.
I landed an interview with Michigan State Senator Mike Kowall earlier this week, and was able to get the sponsor of the state’s online gambling bill to clear up a few things, and offer up his thoughts on the bill’s chances of passing this year.
Overall, Kowall is extremely upbeat about the bill’s chances, but given the history of online gaming legislation over the past several years it’s hard for me to share his optimism.
The good news is, we should have a clear picture of where most every potential online gaming state stands by the end of June.
- There’s a new grass roots effort afoot that is seeking to make charity poker games legal in Colorado. You can do your part and sign the petition here.
- MPN Head of Poker Alex Scott went on the Poker Life Podcast with Joey Ingram this week. The two discussed the poker ecosystem and how the rake fits in. It’s a good listen for anyone interested in the industry side of the poker world. You can watch the podcast here:
- The migration of Full Tilt Poker players to the PokerStars client is now complete, as the two sister online poker sites completed their merger this week.
- PokerNews’s Jonathan Zaun put together a very long, but worth the read profile of poker pro Maurice Hawkins. Hawkins is one of the more polarizing people in poker, and as is usually the case, these people often have the best back stories.
- Chris Grove put together the highlights from Amaya’s Q1 earnings call that took place this week. The general gist is: Poker is down, everything else is up.
- Following final approval from the state, MGM Springfield has officially broken ground in Massachusetts. The western Massachusetts casino is expected to be open for business in 2018.
- Dustin Gouker offers up his thoughts on what implications Sheldon Adelson’s donations to Trump’s presidential campaign could have for online gambling advocates.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.