888 has been unusually active this summer. The PokerNews staff share their WSOP thoughts. The 2016 Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open is underway. The Philippines is cracking down hard on online gambling. And more.
Former PartTimePoker writer Dustin Gouker, who defected to other sites last summer and is now dead to us, wrote a piece for USPoker.com, pointing out just how many concurrent stories there are involving 888poker and 888 Holdings’s other gambling offerings. He’s right; it has been an awfully busy summer for them, full of ups and downs. To wit:
- The poker community is excited about the news that a sequel to Rounders may be in the works. CardPlayer reports that it will likely focus on internet poker rather than live. That may be cause for concern for some fans, as the writers’ last attempt at an iPoker film, Runner Runner was, by most accounts, a dud.
- The 2016 Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open (SHRPO) kicked off on Thursday. This year’s series will feature 28 primary events, with buy-ins starting at $250 and a $5,250 Main Event, plus a whopping 55 “secondary” events, aka mega-satellites, making for a viable alternative to the WSOP for players on a tighter bankroll.
- Thursday’s Hit and Run mentioned WPN’s announced crackdown on bots. At the time, the only article available on the subject was behind a paywall, but Dan Katz at FlushDraw has now picked up the story and written a piece which is freely available to all.
- Also at FlushDraw, Haley Hintze discusses how the increasingly authoritarian Philippines government is cracking down on online gambling, revoking licenses for numerous formerly-legal sites.
- The eSport most commonly compared to poker is HearthStone, but CalvinAyre.com’s ever-hyperbolic Lee Davy feels there’s a parallel to be made between the record-setting prize pools of the Defense of the Ancients 2 (DotA2) Championships, and Alex Dreyfus’s plans for the GPL.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.