Hit and Run: All 12 GPL Franchises Revealed; Portuguese Poker Boycott; Epic Hand at PCA
All 12 GPL franchises announced. An “Epic” hand goes down at the PCA. Portuguese poker players are planning to boycott the country’s licensed online poker rooms. And more.
GPL franchises and team managers revealed
After learning about the Las Vegas Moneymakers last week, Alex Dreyfus revealed the other 11 franchises that will compete during the inaugural season of the Global Poker League.
In addition to the franchises locations, nicknames, and logos, Dreyfus also revealed the team manager for each team, which includes some of the biggest names in poker, from Chris Moneymaker to Liv Boeree to Maria Ho to Faraz Jaka to Bryn Kenney.
Our own Alex Weldon decided to break down each team and their manager, as well as revealing even more details about the inner workings of the GPL, and what poker fans can expect from the league in the coming months.
Needless to say, with today’s announcement, the GPL is starting to feel real.
– Martin McCormack and Toby Lewis played an interesting hand at the PCA that Jason Somerville called one of the most epic hands, so it’s probably worth checking out. You can see it on Twitch here.
– PokerNews.com’s Sarah Herring caught up with former NFL All Pro Richard Seymour at the PCA and put him on the clock.
– Portuguese poker players are taking a page out of the online poker player handbook when it comes to airing your grievances through boycotts, announcing they will be boycotting the country’s licensed poker rooms after Portugal’s decision to segregate their online poker markets from the rest of the world. Hopefully for the Portuguese poker community their boycott has better results.
– Amaya has settled a tax dispute with the Italy, agreeing to pay some £4.3 million to the Italian government.
– Poker Update’s Robbie Strazynski continues to deliver the hits (and by hits I mean interviews with some of the top poker players in the world) as he sits down with Vanessa Selbst and Jason Mercier in his latest video interviews.