The correct way to go about shutting down offshore online gaming sites. WSOP Tag Team tournament ideas. New Jersey is crushing online gaming revenue records. And more.
The right way to shutdown offshore online poker sites
Veteran poker writer John Mehaffey explains why the only way to shutdown offshore online gaming sites is to regulate and license online gaming in this excellent column posted at US Poker today.
As Mehaffey points out, other than the incredibly lengthy and costly Black Friday investigation, the only locales that have had any success in curbing offshore operators are Delaware, Nevada, and New Jersey, and efforts in other locales have been found wanting.
Ideas for the Tag-Team tournament at the 2016 WSOP
The Tag Team WSOP tournament is one of the more intriguing additions to the 2016 WSOP schedule, and Casino City’s Aaron Todd has a number of ideas when it comes to forming potential teams that could bring the WSOP and poker back into the mainstream press’s crosshairs.
Among Aaron’s 10 ideas are, an armed forces team, a three generation team, and a team comprised of players from the same home game.
– Four straight months of record setting revenue is pretty good right? Well, that’s exactly the results produced by the often maligned New Jersey online gambling industry. “Things are starting to come together Patrick.” ~ Lou Brown
– Xuan Liu is doing her part to make sure everyone feels welcome in the poker world. Poker Fuse has a terrific write-up of the poker pro’s commitment to expanding the game and desire to make the game as inclusive as possible.
– Former November Niner James Akenhead took down the WPT partypoker Vienna Warm-up tournament for a €65,000 payday. Akenhead defeated the enigmatic poker player “unknown” to win the title – later revealed to be Oliver Baude by Kevin Mathers.
– WSOP.com in Nevada and New Jersey are running satellite tournaments to the 2016 World Series of Poker. Details can be found here.
– Phil Hellmuth is back on The Street, once again trying to breakdown the wonder that is the Donald Trump presidential campaign through the lens of a professional poker player.
– Sam Abernathy just won a $10k freeroll offered by Dan Bilzerian by biking from Los Angeles to Las Vegas in less than 72 hours. It could be the best $10k Bilzerian has ever spent if it provides him with the right information – Bill Perkins has offered Bilzerian $1.2 million to accomplish the same trip in 48 hours.
– The GPL Power Rankings for the Americas Conference are live at USA Today.