WPT Royal Flush Girls invite controversy. Which New Jersey online gaming sites offer the best value? Interviews with Chris Torina, Alex Dreyfus, and Jamie Staples.
WPT Bellagio reignites Royal Flush Girl debate
Making her second World Poker Tour final table of the year at the WPT Bellagio Five Diamonds, poker pro Cate Hall made it clear once again that she would not be posing for any celebratory pictures with the Royal Flush Girls.
Hall has been at the forefront of addressing women in poker, which she and many others feel is one of, if not the biggest problem in poker.
Hall was eliminated in 5th place at the final table, which means the WPT is still without a female champion, however, Hall is now leading the WPT Player of the Year race, and would become the first woman to win a major POY award in poker history if she can hold on.
– Robert DellaFave takes us to Value Town in his year-end review of online gambling in New Jersey, and which operators provided their customers with the best value over the course of 2015.
– Sheldon is the pretty much confirmed (by the New York Times anyway) new owner of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, which has seen some very strange goings on, and even stranger stories and attributions, since the paper changed hands.
– Alex Dreyfus made an appearance on Joey Ingram’s podcast this past week to talk all things poker, including the current PokerStars kerfuffle, but the interview was of course focused on his own business, the Global Poker League.
– Chris Torina breaks down the success of the World Poker Tour Deepstacks tour.
– Having trouble dealing with short-stackers? This video by Poker Strategy user w34z3l may be just what the doctor ordered.
– The newest member of PokerStars Team Online, Jamie Staples, recently spoke to Poker Listings, and he has a message to some of his online poker playing brethren: Adapt or die.
– PokerStars has released the details for Season 9 of the Latin American Poker Tour, and one of the biggest changes is a dramatic reduction for Main Event buy-ins. PocketFives.com has all the details.