The DFS industry one year later. 888 Wins Best Digital Operator at Global Gaming Awards. partypoker continues to make recreational-friendly changes. And more.
It’s hard to believe that it was one year ago that fit hit the shan for the daily fantasy sports industry. A year ago the Ethan Haskell story was breaking, with all of its hyperbole and trumped up accusations. But legal scrutiny was probably already a foregone conclusion, considering the litany of ads that had been clogging up the airwaves had already started to grab the attention of lawmakers.
The man who covered this wild ride better than anyone, Legal Sports Reports’ Dustin Gouker, posted a retrospective, looking back at the tumultuous year the DFS industry went through.
This is a must read for anyone who lived through this spectacle (you won’t believe how much of it you’ve already forgotten) and for those who don’t know the entire back-story.
- Former NBA Commissioner made it clear that he’s in favor of legalized sports betting in the United States. Stern explained his position during a keynote address at G2E last week.
- Part Time Poker has a new comic series. You can check out the first installment here, where Keith Woernle and cartoonist Jerry King explain the difference between normal retirement and poker retirement.
- PokerStars isn’t the only online poker company moving towards a recreational-friendly model. Last week partypoker announced yet another in a long line of changes on this front. The site will soon make all hand histories anonymous, and ban seating scripts.
- Pennsylvania’s path to legal online gambling has taken a number of twists and turns over the past two years, but with the finish line in sight, it might be an ancillary issue that helps make online gambling a reality in the Keystone State. The State Supreme Court recently ruled a tax provision in the 2004 gaming act unconstitutional, and the legislature needs to fix it pronto.
- Last week Unikrn added Chris Grove to its Board of Advisors. Grove, one of the leading voices in the gaming industry (and I’m not just saying that because he signs some of my paychecks), has been one of the biggest cheerleaders for esports betting over the past two years, including organizing an upcoming esports conference in Las Vegas at the end of the month.
- 888 Holdings won the “Best Digital Operator” award at the 2016 Global Gaming Awards that was held in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 26. Other winners included MGM and IGT (both taking home two awards) along with PlayTech, NYX, and Microgaming.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.