The addition of PokerStars further bolsters online gaming in New Jersey. Shawn Buchanan wins fourth SCOOP title. 888 founders cash in some stock. And more.
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement released the revenue reports from April, and suffice it to say, PokerStars is having a huge impact on the market.
In its first full month in the market, PokerStars nearly equaled Caesars/888 and Borgata/party combined in terms of online poker revenue:
But Stars may also be having an impact on the casino side of things. PokerStars iGaming partner, Resorts, saw online casino revenue rise to $2.3 million in April, an increase of over $1 million from March.
The market itself set another record in April (the sixth record-setting month in a row) as the industry eclipsed the $16 million mark for the first time, and fell less than $20,000 short of $17 million.
Part Time Poker will have a full breakdown of the revenue report in the very near future.
- One of the founding families of 888 recently sold off about 2.5% of their shares in the company for an astounding £60 million. Considering the share price they received, the remainder of their shares are worth about £2.4 billion. Not too shabby at all.
- Stations Casino has reportedly purchased the Palms, giving them a veritable stranglehold on the locals casino market in Las Vegas. The sale price is reportedly just over $300 million.
- New Jersey isn’t the only regulated online poker market ticking up. France’s online poker market posted its first year-over-year online poker revenue gain since 2011 according to a recent report by ARJEL.
- Poker pro Shawn Buchanan picked up his fourth career PokerStars SCOOP title this week. Buchanan’s win came in the series’ $2,100 No Limit Omaha Hi-Lo tournament.
- The World Series of Poker is doing away with the conference call, as they’ve announced the 2016 WSOP Town Hall will be hosted on Twitch, complete with a live Q&A session.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.