Hit and Run: 888 Overhauls Loyalty Program; Top GPL Wildcard Picks; 888 Official WSOP Sponsor
888 overhauls VIP program and announces it’s an official sponsor of the 2016 World Series of Poker. Who would be the best Global Poker League wildcard picks. And more.
888 revamps their rewards program
Perhaps emboldened by PokerStars recent changes, 888 has now made a hard right move toward the recreational model with a radical overhaul of their loyalty program.
The new program will officially launch on March 28, and when it does players at the site will find mission-based rewards in lieu of traditional rakeback rewards. The changes are going to hit high-volume grinders the hardest, as they were earning up to 70% rakeback in some cases according to PokerFuse.com, who has all the details on the new loyalty program at 888.
The new rewards system combines the companies sports betting, casino, and poker platforms.
– UK poker fans will soon have a new viewing option, as Channel 4 has announced a new poker show dubbed, Celebrity Poker Home Game.
– Alex Dreyfus has indicated that the 12 Global Poker League team managers will select their wildcards by the end of the month, and I have some advice to offer any of them who are unsure who to select.
– In his latest blog for partypoker, Mike Sexton talks about the honor of receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award at last week’s American Poker Awards ceremony in los Angeles.
– Poker’s preeminent scribe, Brad Willis, tells the tale of Anthony Zinno being drafted by Chris Moneymaker, one of his poker heroes, in the first round of the GPL draft.
– According to CalvinAyre.com, the popular online sportsbook 5Dimes.com is part of a money laundering probe taking place in Costa Rica.
– A columnist for Vice decided to take a crash course in professional poker, and while his shtick was about 10 years out of date, his results were pretty much what you would expect.
– For the second consecutive year, 888 will be the official sponsor of the World Series of Poker. This means you can likely expect plenty of online/live tie-in promotions, and perhaps an increased role for WSOP hostess and newly minted 888 Ambassador Kara Scott.