888 promoting BLAST tournaments. A detailed look at Hillary Clinton’s record when it comes to gambling. Poker table sells for $185k at auction. And more.
888 promoting Blast
888’s new lottery Sit & Go product, BLAST, is getting a lot of attention, and the company apparently thinks it might have the next big thing in poker on its hands, as they’ve decided to promote the new game by giving away $1 million in BLAST freerolls, as well as adding BLAST tickets to deposit bonuses and giving current players free entries into two $1 BLAST tournaments according to PokerFuse.com.
For more information on the freeroll schedule you should check out the Poker Fuse column linked to above.
– After three months in the market, Joss Wood of Online Poker Report decided to breakdown what he termed, PokerStars “strong, but not dominant” time in New Jersey.
– While most of the attention has been focused on Donald Trump, and his anti-online gambling running mate Mike Pence, it should be noted that the Democrat nominee is far from sympathetic to gambling. In a recent column, CDC Gaming took a look at Hillary Clinton’s “complicated” record on gambling.
– Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon went to the World Series of Poker for the first time this summer, and now that his life is back to normal, he’s finally put together his trip report, where he played off of the tired, but always applicable, the good the bad and the ugly theme.
– My latest column in my ongoing quest to make poker fun again talks about decision fatigue, and why online poker sites need to cut down on the options they present us with in their lobbies.
– PTP’s Alex Weldon pulled precisely zero punches when it came to the use of puns in his satirical column on the winner of the $250k Spin & Go jackpot at PokerStars we detailed in yesterday’s Hit & Run. Weldon had some fun with the winner’s risque screen-name.
– A replica (yes a replica) of former President Harry Truman’s White House poker table recently sold for a whopping $185,000 at auction. According to Cardplayer.com, the original is housed in the latye president’s Key West vacation home.