The 2016 Poker Hall of Fame class announced, Mortensen and Brunson get the call. Jared Bleznick talks to ESPN about poker hate. NJ Online tournament series. And more.
The Poker Hall of Fame has announced Carlos Mortensen and Todd Brunson as the two people that will be inducted into the Hall of Fame later this month.
One nominee who many people consider to be a snub was Chris Moneymaker.
— Paul Oresteen (@PaulOresteen) October 13, 2016
Both men commented on receiving poker’s biggest honor in a press release issued by WSOP.com.
“It’s a true honor to be inducted by my peers into this prestigious institution,” Brunson said in the press release. “I literally grew up attending these ceremonies and have always respected and admired its members. To join their ranks is the honor of a lifetime.”
“I have been playing poker professionally for more than 20 years,” Mortensen said. “This game has given me so many things that I have come to cherish. I’ve always wanted to be included among the great players who make up the Poker Hall of Fame. To be included with the legends makes me very happy. I want to thank my friends, the poker fans, and all the people who vote for me. I take this honor very seriously.”
- Jared Bleznick is a polarizing figure in the poker world. Bleznick gets a lot of hate from 2+2, but it appears the feeling is somewhat mutual, considering his thoughts on the poker world during a WSOP episode he was recently featured in.
In part, Bleznick said, “Honestly, I don’t like a lot of the people that are involved in poker…you know, poker is a… it’s a very selfish game and I would say a lot of the people I don’t really get along great with because everyone’s just about themselves… but for the most part, I like a lot about the game.”
- If you’re a US online poker player you’re probably in or heading to New Jersey this month. A total of three tournament series are taking place in the Garden State during October. There is the partypoker/Borgata Garden State Super Series V; WSOP.com’s Fall Poker Festival; and PokerStars inaugural NJCOOP, which will take place right before the first PokerStars Festival takes place at Resorts Casino.
- David “Viffer” Peat and Shaun Deeb got into a little Twitter spat about… surprise… surprise… a disagreement over an alleged debt.
- Online poker is on the decline. Online poker is dead. Online poker is losing ground to casinos and sports betting. These are all typical headlines in the year 2016, but as I explain in this column, it shouldn’t be all doom and gloom.
- Massachusetts is exploring its online gambling options, and one of the approaches the state is considering is an omnibus approach to both its products and the way it regulates different forms of online gambling.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.