France and Spain could be the first of many player pool mergers in 2018. Bellagio poker cage robbed at gunpoint. Find these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
France and Spain Could Merge Online Poker in Early 2018
Player pool mergers are in the air. In July, it was announced that four of Europe’s largest regulated online poker markets could be on the fast path to merged player pools. Six months later, nothing has changed. With delays in Spain, the first part of the anticipated merger may happen between France and Spain. Portugal is the other country looking to join forces with the foursome.
European operators are ready to jump when the countries officially link up. PokerStar, which has licenses in all four countries says the initial merger will take place in early 2017.
Meanwhile in the United States, three states are expected to merge their player pools sometime in 2018. Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware will share the multi-state player pool which could ultimately be joined by the recently regulated Pennsylvania.
– The Bellagio poker room cage was robbed at gunpoint on Tuesday. James Woods and Ryan Laplante were among those playing at the tables when the crime occurred.
The guy that robbed the cashier cage at the Bellagio should have walked south 10 yards and took our money in Bobby's Room. He got 35k and we had about 200k in cash waiting to put it on deposit. Waitress said she could have hit the guy as he slowly left.
— Doyle Brunson (@TexDolly) November 29, 2017
– Up next on the World Poker Tour schedule is a return to Las Vegas for the Five Diamond, which will get get underway on December 5th. Art Papazyan currently holds the Player of the Year lead in Season XVI. Rounding out the schedule during 2017 is WPTDeepStacks Championship from December 2nd to 5th, followed by WPTDeepStackes Deauville from December 7th to 10th.
– In a look at regulated online poker in the United States, Play USA examines the current state of the market and says that after Pennsylvania, online poker could be at a tipping point. Meanwhile, online poker numbers continue to be very poor in Delaware.
– David Huber reviews a Cullen “cumicon” Conners appearance on the Joey Ingram podcast on Tuesday, where he discussed his recent retirement, his online poker career and $7 million in PLO profit.
– Free Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is the conclusion of the “March to $25NL” series. This episode reviews the process of moving up in levels.