Carey Katz wins nearly $1.5 million at the PCA while the Main Event begins the second day of Day 1 flights. Check out these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Carey Katz Wins PCA Super High Roller
PokerGo’s Carey Katz was the winner of the $100,000 PCA Super High Roller on Monday besting a final table that consisted of Justin Bonomo, Daniel Negreanu, Bryn Kenny and Isaac Haxon. In winning the tournament, Cary Katz takes home $1,492,340.
To win the event, Katz had to beat Justin Bonomo heads-up, who finished in 2nd place prize of $1,077,800. Rounding out the top four was Bryn Kenney and Daniel Negreanu.
Elsewhere at the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure, the $10,300 Main Event and the $50,000 High Roller continue. In the Main Event, Day 1B begins with 278 players entered thus far. Meanwhile at the $50,000 High Roller, just 5 of 46 players remain at the time of this writing. Bryron Kaverman holds the lead with Jean-Noel Thorel, Steve O’Dwyer, Erik Seidel and Benjamin Pollak all battling it out.
Catch up with the latest PCA action below:
– New Jersey’s Golden Nugget has expanded its live dealer selection to Casino Hold’em. The top NJ casino also offers blackjack, roulette and baccarat.
– Stateside, the 64-day LA Poker Classic begins at the Commerce Casino, offering a variety of games and buy-ins through the two plus months of the series. The LA Poker Classic culminates with the WPT $10,000 Main Event on February 24th.
– Molly’s Game continues to garner buzz among movie and poker fans. Some that have watched the movie are wondering “Who is Player X?”
– According to Poker Industry Pro, PokerStars European liquidity network will feature the “Seat Me” feature which allows players to choose a a game and stake level before sitting a player at a random seat. The feature has been touted for its ability to eliminate bum hunting and level the playing field.
– Nick Petrangelo has won the PokerStars Championship Player of the Year award by besting five other tournament leaderboard leaders to win a $100,000 prize in a SNG before the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day concludes the “Hold’em or Fold’em” series on Pot Limit Omaha. This episode focuses on why PLO players have to make folds they don’t necessarily want to make.