Big prize pools at WPT Asia and WSOP Circuit events. Hopes for online gambling regulation in Illinois in 2018. Check out these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
WPT and WSOP Circuit News
With the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday weekend, the poker world slows down in the United States, but there were still some big tournaments held over the couple days in Asia and om the WSOP Circuit.
Fernando Galvan took down the WSOP Circuit Planet Hollywood for $247,160, the second cash over $240k given out by the WSOP Circuit over the last couple weeks. The guarantee for the tournament was $1 million, up from $750k last year and attracted 845 players.
BIG congratulations to 26yo poker pro Fernando Galvan for taking down the @PH_POKER WSOP Circuit ME for $247,160 and a diamond Circuit ring.
— WSOP (@WSOP) November 21, 2017
Qian Zhi Qiang won the World Poker Tour Sanya Main Event in China for $242,555. Next up on the tour is a stop in Japan from November 23rd to 25th. After the Thanksgiving break, the WPT will return stateside to the WPTDeepStakes Championship and WPT Five Diamond in early December.
— Ging Masinda 🐠 (@GingMasinda) November 21, 2017
– Check out this six-figure hand from Poker After Dark last night between Matt Berkey and Garrett Anderson at the $200/$400 $100,000 buy-in game.
– Could Illinois pass an online gambling package during 2018? An Illinois lawmaker says that online gambling and daily fantasy sports could potentially be tied to a broad gambling package next year.
– David Huber breaks down Matt Berkey’s appearance on the Poker Life Podcast, in which Matt Berkey responds to Doug Polk and discusses High Stakes TV Poker issues.
– Speaking of Doug Polk, in his most recent vlog, he shares some interesting thoughts on how various countries play poker.
– Grinderschool classic poker training video of the day continues with a series on the “March to $25NL” series from Season 2. This episode focuses on the differences between semi-bluffing and stone bold bluffing.