An early version of the WSOP 2018 schedule was been leaked online. WPT Five Diamond continues into Day 4. Check out these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Tentative 2018 WSOP Schedule Includes 77 Events
Poker players across the globe who plan their summers around the WSOP may be able to start penciling in dates. That’s because a draft of a portion of the 2018 World Series of Poker schedule leaked for a brief amount of time this week.
Originally appearing on the ClubPoker forum, the schedule includes 77 events in total including several Super Turbo events, Super High Rollers and 12(!) events slated for after the Main Event.
Due to the fact this is not an officially schedule, you probably don’t want to be booking flights quite yet, but it does appear to be a legitimate early draft that can at least give you an idea of where the 2018 WSOP schedule is headed.
— Ryan Leng (@RyanLeng9) December 8, 2017
– The WPT Five Diamond is down to 78 players as of Friday afternoon (down from 812 entries). Sean Perry holds the lead with 1,280,000 chips, followed by Chino Rheem at 1,080,000. Steffen Sontheimer, Dan Colman, Daniel Strelitz, Cate Hall and Ben Zamani are among the players still alive at the time of this writing
– US Poker’s Steve Ruddock writes that online poker tournaments could be the biggest benefactor when the three existing regulated states merge and are ultimately joined by the recently regulated Pennsylvania.
– Watch Doug Polk lose his mind when analyzing a hand from Live at the Bike where a player exposes one of his cards.
– With the American Poker Awards around the corner (early next year), Part Time Poker’s David Huber provides some suggestions on how the American Poker Awards can be better.
– Grinderschool.com classic poker training video of the day is the completion of the Maximizing EV series. This episode reviews a 3-tabling 50NL Zoom Poker session.